We invite you to join CAAR!
We are always looking for new members and we encourage any interested retiree to join us.
There is more than one way to become involved with the organization.
- Active membership: identify an area of interest and become a part of that team. Annual dues for active membership are $120.00; the fiscal year is from January 1 – December 31
- Ambassador membership: provide financial support to the organization
CAAR is a 501(C)(3) organization and your dues and donations are tax-deductible.
Some of the areas in which you can make a difference in our community are as follows:
- Join the ICC Harvesting Dreams 1 initiative – Male Mentoring Group
- Join the ICC Harvesting Dreams 2 initiative – Female Mentoring Group
- Serve as a mentor in Manual Academy academic progress conferences
- Serve as a hall monitor at Manual Academy
- Conduct mock job interviews at Manual Academy
- Partner with a classroom teacher & become a Reading Buddy in District 150
- Support Manual Academy 8th grade graduation
- Participate in the Manual Academy Registration Day
- Join the workshop development team and organize various workshops ( for example: Elder Law Seminar, Health Care Seminar, Voter Registration Drives, Social Security Seminar
- Participate in the “Dress for Success” Program
- Organize networking events for CAAR
- Serve on the fundraising team to provide laptops for academically talented 8th & 9th grade scholars
To join the organization, please complete the information below:
Contact the Membership Chairman, Rosemary McCullough (360-0990) or firstname.lastname@example.org. She will answer questions about the organization and get you started in your area of interest.