- Every Thursday – 3 PM – 5 PM. LET’S PLAY BRIDGE – Bridge Lessons at Carver Center- Bill Jackson, a certified master teacher, will teach you how to play bridge. FREE.
- Carver Center – Free Mentoring – 100 Black Men mentoring program is held every Wednesday at 4:30-5:30.
Mentoring for boys & girls ages 8-18.
- Wednesday Jazz Nights Open Jam – at Bradley Fieldhouse – Every Wednesday until January 9, 2019. Join the Fieldhouse house band for monthly open jazz jam on the second Wednesday of every month.Bring your horn, guitar or whatever you want to play, call a tune or two and join Andy Greiner among others on stage. Or, sit back, relax and order some food and drink and enjoy the house band’s original tunes and standards. Every drink comes with a free straw.
- Every Wednesday Every Wednesday March 6 – April 3 6:00-7:30pm – Contemporary Art Center 305 SW Water ST. #2R – Chicago Steppin Class – Beginner Chicago Stepping with Spanky the Wiz
- BLACK BUSINESS ALLIANCE PEORIA CHAPTER – Meeting the first Monday of each month @ 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at 919 S. Matthew Street.
FREE TEEN REACH AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM =Now enrolling new students. Teen reach Program will be from 3-6pm. FREE TO ALL STUDENTS, YMCA members and non members For youth ages 10-16 or 5th-10 grades. Focus on academic assistance, life skills, mentoring, S.T.E., career exploration, and recreation (FUN). After school hours are 3-6pm on half days and on most days when school is not in session. Carver Community Center. Transportation: when available – free transport from Calvin Coolidge, Roosevelt, Manual Trewyn Middle School – Contact John Mabon, email@example.com or call 309-692-7631 ext. 223.
General Membership Meeting – Lincoln Branch Library – Every third Saturday of the month at 11:30 Southside Community United for Change Holds its general membership meeting. During the meeting we have speakers come and share information effecting the residents, businesses, and community organizations on the Southside of Peoria and throughout the city. You can become a member of SCUC for a yearly membership fee of $15. All residents of Peoria are welcome to become a member. We also provide lunch at each monthly meeting. WWW.www.Scucpeoria.org
- Saturday, January 12, 2019 – 7:30 PM – 9 PM – ICC Performing Arts Center – 20th Anniversary celebration of the Heritage Ensemble – Theme: Celebration of the Vision – Activities will include an historical reflection of the development of the vision as established through the life and activities of Mrs. Sharon S. Reed. The impact of her commitment to the lives of others and her community will be blended with the impact of the challenges of Dr. King in this celebration.
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday, January 18-20, 2019 at JUKEBOX COMEDY CLUB – Janelle James – Friday & Saturday shows @ 7:30 & 9:45 PM and a Sunday show at 7: 30 PM. All shows are $15.
- Saturday, January 19, 2019 – 11am-12pm @ Gateway Park – Peoria’s third annual Women’s March event – speakers, issues, music, and inspiration to sustain us in moving forward to support the rights of women and to fight for the empowerment of women everywhere. Bring your signs and your energy. Hosted by Peoria, IL – National Organization for Women, Tazewell-Woodford National Organization for Women, Heart of Illinois Group Sierra Club, ACLU of IL. – Peoria Area Chapter, Change Peoria, Black Justice Project, and Indivisible Peoria Area.
- Sunday, January 20, 2019 – 3 – 4:30 PM – CHANGE – GIRLS MATTER ORGANIZATION -1st. meeting – Lincoln Branch Peoria Public Library – Please join us for our first meeting for C.H.A.N.G.E. If you are young girl between the ages of 11-17 and live in the Peoria area, this meeting is for you. Founder – Towanna Wyatt – Co-Founder – Tammi Evans Faulkner.
- Monday, January 21, 2019 – 2019 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Luncheon at Peoria Civic Center -Featuring luncheon keynote speaker Valerie Jarrett – Tickets: www.mlkluncheon.com.
- Thursday, January 24, 2019 – 6-8 PM – P-TOWN SOUP WINTER 2019
Ward Chapel AME Church – All Peoria citizens are invited to this amazing, innovative way to improve their community. PCAV will host a meal at no cost to those who attend, which includes soups, side dishes, desserts and drinks. A donation of $5 per person is requested. All citizens are invited. Please contact Soup Chair Sharon Draper with more at Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 6pm-8pm – Meet the Candidates for City Council AT Large at St. Paul Baptist Church. Please come out and meet the candidates running for the City Council At Large primary.
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 8 PM; Friday, February 1, 2019 at 7:15 & 9:45 PM; Saturday, February 2, 2019 at 7:15 & 9:45 PM; – JUKEBOX COMEDY CLUB
Tim Meadows Special Event – It’s been over 3 years since his last Jukebox appearance. All tickets are $20.
- Friday, February 8, 2018 – 7:00-11:00 PM – Dexter O’Neal & Funkyard at Rumberger’s Wings – You packed this place last time we played there…Lets do it again.
- Saturday, February 9, 2019 – HAMILTON THE MUSICAL – CIBC Theatre in Chicago – Peoria Charter Coach – For more information call Rose Jordan at 1-800-488-0572 ext. 130. Cost $180 per person – must pay at time you make reservations. Lower balcony seating. Depart Peoria @ 6:15 AM, Arrive Chicago @ 10:30 AM – Showtime 1:30 PM , Depart Chicago at 4:45 PM, Arrive Peoria at approximately 9:45 PM.
- Thursday, February 14, 2019 – 6 -8:30 PM @ Packard Plaza – An evening of musical expressions of love songs performed by ten distinguished artists: Kelsey Young, Cleo Dailey, Sarah Mooberry, Bobby B Joe Foster, Alison Hanna, Anthony Hendricks, Pastor Deveraux Hubbard, Dexter O’Neal, Jamika Welch, and Juanita Williams. Music by Courtez D. Banks. Cash bar There are two show times and doors will open 15 minutes prior to both the 6:00pm and 8:30 pm shows. With the well-known Comedian Jason Jenkins being our M.C. for the evening and limited seating. You don’t want to miss this. For tickets please call 309-550-1955 or 309-750-7904. Tickets $20 – also available at www.Eventbrite.com .
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019 – 4:30 – 7:00 PM – Dream Center – Tickets $10 – sold by Eventbrite. An evening where local restaurants come together for a cause. Come sip some of Peoria’s best soups while supporting the hundreds of guests and residents of Dream Center Peoria. Soup and Soul raises money to fund the various programs and events at Dream Center Peoria, and your involvement helps make it possible for us to do what we do. Most importantly, this night helps us connect with people in this city who want to make an impact on families living in poverty, staring with kids and youth. Participating restaurants include: Biaggi’s; 2Chez; Cracked Pepper, Olive garden, Pottstown Deli, Barrack’s Hospitality. Tickets $10 sold by www.Eventbrite.com.
- March 8-9 & March 14-16; show at 7: 30 PM Dream Girls – Tickets go on sale Peoria Players Theatre February 25 – box office 688.4473
- SAVE THE DATE – Friday, March 15, 2019 at 11 AM – Saturday, March 16. 2018 at 9 PM – 2019 IHSA Class 3A & 4A boys Basketball State Finals – Peoria Civic Center – Tickets: www.peoriaciviccenter.com.
- Saturday, March 16, 2019 – 9 AM – 12 PM – COP BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR, CAREGIVER, & FRIENDS BREAKFAST – Komen Memorial and the Peoria Circle of Promise invite you to come together for the annual Breast Cancer Survivor, Caregiver, & Friends Breakfast. This year’s keynote speaker is Katrina McGhee, Founder of the national Circle of Promise Movement and author of “Loving On Me, Lessons learned on the journey from Mess to Message.” Breast cancer survivors are FREE, and guests are only $10. Call Gayle at -309.691.6906 to RSVP for the 2019 event. Doors open to shop vendors at 8:00 am and breakfast starts at 9:00 a.m.
- Saturday, March 16 10am-2pm – 2nd. Annual Male Leadership Youth Summit – Present by May-I Community outreach in partnership with The Failure’s Never Final Foundation – Gateway Building – Speaker: Jerry Humes & Malachi Hall
Host: Jaylen Beck – USA Boxing Trainer – Robert Bell – Music: DJ Mimic – Food, Fun, Games, Contests, Prizes, Giveaways – Carl Holloway 309.472.3958 – Logan Tillman 309.453.8936 Mayicommunityoutreach@gmail.com
- Friday, March 29 – Scottish Rite Cathedral – ONE MIC COMEDY UNPLUGGED – Lady A Ent.; Captain Ent; Innovative Ent. – Doors open 7pm – show 8pm – Starring Comedians: Jessie Taylor, Steve Brown and Kenny Howell – Hosted by DJ Captain – Poetry by Ryan Lowery – Soundtrack by DJ Mimic – Tickets General admission $20; Mid level $30; lower level $40; VIP tables $400 – Tickets available at 5th Ave. Fashion or online @ www.ticketbud.com . For more info. 309.669.6687 or 217.899.7656
- SAVE THE DATE – Friday, March 29, 2019 6pm-10pm – Uncorked – Hult Center Benefit @Paradice Hotel Casino – Tickets purchased before March 1st are $50, after March 1st tickets are $75. Tickets will go on sale January 1st.
- Saturday, March 30, 2019 – HAMILTON THE MUSICAL – CIBC Theatre in Chicago – Peoria Charter Coach – For more information call Rose Jordan at 1-800-488-0572 ext. 130. Cost $180 per person – must pay at time you make reservations. Lower balcony seating. Depart Peoria @ 6:15 AM, Arrive Chicago @ 10:30 AM – Showtime 1:30 PM , Depart Chicago at 4:45 PM, Arrive Peoria at approximately 9:45 PM.
- Saturday, March 30, 2019 – Tri County Urban League Annual Black and White Gala Presents Jennifer Holliday (actress from the original Dream Girls) – $125 per person – 5:30 pm social hour; 7:00pm dinner; 8:30 concert at Par-A Dice Hotel Casino – Contact; 309.673.7474 – WWW.TCPUL.com
- SAVE THE DATE – CARVER CENTER FUNDRAISER at The BARN III (Goodfield, Illinois; formerly Conklin Dinner Theatre)
Friday, April 12, 2019 – doors open 6:00pm; diner 6:30-7:30pm; comedy play 8:00p.m. Tickets: $75 per person – Watch for more information. www.Thecarvercenter.com.
- Saturday, April 20 7pm – 11pm – Comedian Jason Jenkins & Friends Presents Jokes & Tokes – Club 309 & Event Center 4208 West Pfeiffer Road, Bartonville, Illinois – Tickets: www.Eventbrite.com-Comedian Jason Jenkins & Friends Presents: Jokes & Tokes starring Kevin “Damn Fool” Simpson – edian Jason Jenkins and Club 309 are teaming up to bring you one of the hottest comedy shows of the year. Hailing from Chicago, our headliner will be the very funny Kevin “Damn Fool” Simpson, who has made appearances on P. Diddy’s “Bad Boys of Comedy” and BET’s Comic View. Our featured acts are St. Louis’ Princeton Dew (Kevin Hart’s Hart of the City), Nathan Orton, and Larry Greene. This awesome event will be hosted by Comedian Jason Jenkins. Soundtrack provided by DJ Mimic. Food and drinks will be available. Doors open at 7pm and showtime will be 8pm.
- Friday, April 26 5-8pm; Saturday, April 27 1-4pm; Sunday, April 28 2-5pm – Ragtime The Musical Auditions – Corn Stock Theatre Center – 1700 N. Park Road Peoria – Callbacks will be Monday, April 29th and possible Tuesday, April 30th – Directed by Pam Orear; Show Dates: July 12-29.
- Saturday, April 27, 2019 – HAMILTON THE MUSICAL – CIBC Theatre in Chicago – Peoria Charter Coach – For more information call Rose Jordan at 1-800-488-0572 ext. 130. Cost $180 per person – must pay at time you make reservations. Lower balcony seating. Depart Peoria @ 6:15 AM, Arrive Chicago @ 10:30 AM – Showtime 1:30 PM , Depart Chicago at 4:45 PM, Arrive Peoria at approximately 9:45 PM.
- Saturday, April 27, 2019 – 9 AM – 1 PM – Sister’s Rock – Living Your Best Life – Living to Serve Foundation, Inc. – Carver Center
Health Vendors on site Free breakout sessions: Clean eating, Entertainment, Money management, Yoga $15 lunch w/guest speakers Co-Sponsored by: Illinois American Water, Ameren Illinois, Susan G. Komen Circle of Promise
- Saturday, May 4, 2019 – HAMILTON THE MUSICAL – CIBC Theatre in Chicago – Peoria Charter Coach – For more information call Rose Jordan at 1-800-488-0572 ext. 130. Cost $180 per person – must pay at time you make reservations. Lower balcony seating. Depart Peoria @ 6:15 AM, Arrive Chicago @ 10:30 AM – Showtime 1:30 PM , Depart Chicago at 4:45 PM, Arrive Peoria at approximately 9:45 PM.
- Wednesday, May 8, 2019 @ 7:30 PM – CIRQUE DU SOLEIL CRYSTAL
(check Civic Center website for more dates) – Tickets for this event sold by www.Ticketmaster.com.
- Saturday, May 11, 2019- 7 AM – 10 AM Peoria MORE THAN PINK WALK
Metro Center – Exciting Announcement: New look, New name, New opportunities, New experience. Komen has been hard at work on the next evolution in the history of the Race for the Cure series, and residents of Central Illinois will be among the first in the country to see it. Komen Memorial has selected to be one of twenty-six locations across the country to launch the new Susan G. Komen MORE THAN PINK WalkTM event, which along with a new name will include a fresh new look and experience focused on energizing the community around the lifesaving work Komen’s supporters make possible. The biggest difference is that the MORE THAN PINK Walk will not have a separate timed run element, focusing instead on the vast majority of the event’s participants who walk, rather than run, during the event historically. This change will create a greater sense of community among participants and will provide a more personalized, emotional experience for all who attend. Register online now: www.komenmemorial.org .
- Saturday, June 15, 2019 – 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM. SAVE THE DATE – JUNETEENTH CONCERT – The Heritage Ensemble – llinois Central College Performing Arts Center – Juneteenth Concert, Heritage Ensemble Reunion and 20th Anniversary Celebration of the Heritage Ensemble.
Theme: Reunion Reflections of Love.