- Every Monday until December 31, 2018. LINE DANCE CLASSES at Carver Community Center. 6 PM – 8 PM.
- Every Thursday – 3 PM – 5 PM. LET’S PLAY BRIDGE – Bridge Lessons at Carver Center- Bill Jackson, a certified master teacher, will teach you how to play bridge. FREE.
- Carver Center – Free Mentoring – 100 Black Men mentoring program is held every Wednesday at 4:30-5:30.
Mentoring for boys & girls ages 8-18.
- Wednesday Jazz Nights Open Jam – at Bradley Fieldhouse – Every Wednesday until January 9, 2019. Join the Fieldhouse house band for monthly open jazz jam on the second Wednesday of every month.Bring your horn, guitar or whatever you want to play, call a tune or two and join Andy Greiner among others on stage. Or, sit back, relax and order some food and drink and enjoy the house band’s original tunes and standards. Every drink comes with a free straw.
- BLACK BUSINESS ALLIANCE PEORIA CHAPTER – Meeting the first Monday of each month @ 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at 919 S. Matthew Street.
FREE TEEN REACH AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM =Now enrolling new students. Teen reach Program will be from 3-6pm. FREE TO ALL STUDENTS, YMCA members and non members For youth ages 10-16 or 5th-10 grades. Focus on academic assistance, life skills, mentoring, S.T.E., career exploration, and recreation (FUN). After school hours are 3-6pm on half days and on most days when school is not in session. Carver Community Center. Transportation: when available – free transport from Calvin Coolidge, Roosevelt, Manual Trewyn Middle School – Contact John Mabon, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309-692-7631 ext. 223.
General Membership Meeting – Lincoln Branch Library – Every third Saturday of the month at 11:30 Southside Community United for Change Holds its general membership meeting. During the meeting we have speakers come and share information effecting the residents, businesses, and community organizations on the Southside of Peoria and throughout the city. You can become a member of SCUC for a yearly membership fee of $15. All residents of Peoria are welcome to become a member. We also provide lunch at each monthly meeting. Scucpeoria.org
- Saturday, November 3, 2018 – 7 PM – 11 PM – A Night of Sigma Soul – 2018 Scholarship Fundraiser. Take a journey down memory lane with us as we travel through the times with Classic Soul, Hip Hop and R&B music at the Holiday Inn & Suites Grand Ballroom in East Peoria. Tickets: $50. Attire: Dressy casual – 70s Soul Costumes are Highly Encouraged, but not required. This event will include: Hor d’oevures, Cash Bar, Silent Action & Raffle, Soul Costume Contest & Soul Train Line, Music & Dancing, Photo Booth. Tickets: www.eventbrite.com.
- Monday, November 12, 2018 – 6 – 8 PM @ Carver Community Center – WIU Jazz Orchestra Performing – Adults $10, Students $5. Contact Carver Center for more information @ 309-839-0722.
- Friday, November 30, 2018 – 6 – 9 PM Rumsbergers Customer Appreciation Night – Featuring Dexter O’Neal.
- Saturday, December 1, 2018 – Doors open at 7 PM – Kenny G – The Miracles Holiday and Hits Tour – Peoria Civic Center – Tickets: www.ticketmaster.com
- Saturday, December 1, 2018 – 1-6 PM – Jazz Presents Jingle and Mingle @ Quality Suite & Inn – Peoria – Jewels By Jazz is hosting their very first vending event! This Holiday Party will consist of shopping, food, music, raffles, and more! Come support your local business owners – 💕Just $1 will enter you into the party and the raffle!
- Thursday, December 6, 2018 – 6 – 10 PM, at Michael Little’s SLE – Entertainment provided by 3 1/2 men, Ugly Sweater Contest – Everyone is invited to participate – Door prizes, Raffles and Cash Bar Available. For tickets call: 309-360-0990 or www.Caarpeoriail.org – Cost is$45 pert person.
- Friday, December 7, 2018 at 7 PM – Harlem Globetrotters, Peoria Civic Center – Tickets are sold by Ticketmaster.
- Saturday, December 8, 2018 – 7 PM to 10 PM (doors open at 6:30 PM) at The Gateway Building, Featuring the music of: DJ Mark Kirksey, Cost $60 per person – Buffet Dinner, Speaker TBA, featuring the music of: DJ Mark Kirksey, Dancing, Magic, cash bar and more. Contact Carver Center at 309-839-0722 or www.thecarvercenter.com.
- Friday, December 28, 2018 – 8:30 PM – Deray Davin Annual Funny & Famous Comedy Jam – Peoria Civic Center Theater – Michael Blackson, Deray Davis, Jess Hilarious – Music by DJ Captain – Tickets available: www.Ticketmaster.com
- Saturday, December29, 2018 – 11 AM – Disney on Ice presents Frozen @ Peoria Civic Center – www.Ticketmaster.com
- Saturday, January 12, 2019 – 7:30 PM – 9 PM – ICC Performing Arts Center – 20th Anniversary celebration of the Heritage Ensemble – Theme: Celebration of the Vision – Activities will include an historical reflection of the development of the vision as established through the life and activities of Mrs. Sharon S. Reed. The impact of her commitment to the lives of others and her community will be blended with the impact of the challenges of Dr. King in this celebration.
- Monday, January 21, 2019 – 2019 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Luncheon at Peoria Civic Center -Featuring luncheon keynote speaker Valerie Jarrett – Tickets: www.mlkluncheon.com
- SAVE THE DATE – Friday, March 15, 2019 at 11 AM – Saturday, March 16. 2018 at 9 PM – 2019 IHSA Class 3A & 4A boys Basketball State Finals – Peoria Civic Center – Tickets: www.peoriaciviccenter.com.